Thursday, July 2, 2009

Need Ideas?

Some of my writing inspiration comes from quotations. Sage words can be inspiring, insightful, and just plain helpful! The quotes included here have motivated me, and have helped me inspire the homeschool teens in my online writing classes. (www.hswritingcoop.bravehost.com)

Thought I would share them with you.


"The best way to understand people is to listen to them." Ralph Nichols


How many people do you know? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? How much potential is that for story ideas? Often the best story ideas come from those we know, and things around us. They provide a little seed of a thought that grows into something bigger.


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Benjamin Franklin


Need ideas? Stay alert. Listen. Observe. Keep a writing journal or notebook and store the everyday ideas. You never know when they might become “something worth reading”.


A safe and happy Fourth of July to all:) I am thankful, thankful, thankful, to live in the United States of America. How about you?




2 comments :

  1. I'm thankful too, but worried about our future. I'm praying for the USA harder than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Barbara, I'm praying too. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!