Thursday, June 4, 2009

Switching Gears

My laptop's hard drive went recently. Many of you computer owners can sympathize, I'm sure. Thankfully most of my writing documents were backed up, so I didn't lose too much info. We did lose some of my husband's business accounting info, but most of that can be retrieved. We've had computer adventures before and I've learned the hard way to back most everything up and keep a good paper trail.

I was pretty bummed at first, for you see, besides my family and my Bible, my laptop is one of my most treasured earthly gifts. My husband and kids bought it for me some years ago so 'Mom could have her own computer'. In those days, it seemed like I was always in line waiting for the computer - the kids had schoolwork or some other project that needed to be done, and my turns were limited. So imagine my excitement in having my very own computer...

This incident has required me to switch gears, something I do not always easily do. But I'm learning, and confess to be a wonderful work in progress. We do have another computer, which is a huge blessing, even though I must share it with my husband and daughter. I have had to adjust my mindset; I cannot just sit down and type away like before. In some ways it has been a good thing; I've worked on other projects around the house, cleaned off my desk (with the laptop sitting right there in the middle, patiently waiting to be fixed), and gone back to writing some things in longhand.The good news is that I will live, and that my laptop can be fixed, and I've gained a few more topics to blog about, such as the importance of backing up your info.

While I may not be "Keeping at It' (see May 18, 2009's blog post, http://karenelange.blogspot.com/2009/05/keeping-at-it.html) at my normal level, I am learning to switch gears and make adjustments. I'd say that's moving forward, wouldn't you?

Thanks for reading, and have a blessed day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!