Friday, June 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle!

The giant "Woo Hoo!" that you heard coming from the north central Kentucky vicinity was me. My laptop is fixed, thanks to the work of my computer savvy husband and advice from a computer expert-y friend.

I feel totally back in my element, with my trusty laptop sized keyboard and other familiar elements of the team of my laptop, desk, and I. Silly, I know, but I am surprised how accustomed I was to using my keyboard. When I had to make the temporary switch over to our desktop computer, I felt like I had about six thumbs, and they were all trying to type the wrong letters. Several times I found my hands shifted over by one letter, thus typing the wrong letters which amounted to a bunch of gibberish on the screen.

I still have a few bugs to work out, and a few programs to install, but I am thrilled to be back in my comfy writing saddle again. Here's to all the wonderful blessings of life, great, small, technological, and electronic!

Have a fabulous and blessed weekend:)

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations on getting your laptop back!

    I wanted a lap top for a long time, but was too cheap to buy one. Then I discovered the Neo. It's a little word processor that you write on and then send what you've written to your computer. I love it! I'm easily distracted by the Internet; the Neo is not a PC so no Internet! We take it with on trips; my daughter is a writer and uses it too. It holds 160 pages so it's hard to use up the space too quickly.

    Have a great day, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those Neos and wondered how it would be to have one...hmmm, maybe I should put one on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!