Thursday, August 6, 2009

Writing for Children?


Are you interested in writing for children? The Institute of Children's Literature has a free newsletter full of great articles, links, and other goodies. One recent issue contained market info and an article about cover letters. It also included details about an upcoming open forum, their Q & A sessions where writers can ask ICL experts questions, or participate in an interview with published authors.

To sign up for the ICL e-newsletter, visit:

http://www.institutechildrenslit.com/

ICL also offers several writing courses. These are correspondence courses, so they can be done at your convenience around your schedule. I am a happy graduate of two of their courses, and I highly recommend them. When I first enrolled, I was a bit skeptical. The brochures looked good, but I wondered how good a correspondence course could be. What a pleasant surprise it was to find comprehensive materials that covered everything from A to Z that pertained to writing for children. Their staff was friendly, professional, and helpful, and my instructors were knowledgeable, published authors who were truly interested in my success. It was a great experience, and a great springboard into my freelance writing endeavors.

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Happy writing!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Karen -

    While I'm not a children's writer, I've seen this company's ads. It's nice to know they're a good educational source.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan, perhaps someday you'll write something for children:) It could happen, with your talent, I wouldn't be surprised!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!