Monday, November 20, 2017

Blessed and Thankful







"For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food, for love and friends,

For everything Thy goodness sends."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson




We have much to be grateful for, don't we? With Thanksgiving week upon us,  I appreciate the reminder and perspective Mr. Emerson's words offer.

I'm thankful for God's gift of salvation, for my wonderful family and friends, as well as the sacrifices made for the freedom we enjoy here in the United States. 

Thank you for blessing me with your kind friendship and support. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving week. May you enjoy great fellowship and food with those you love. 

Who and what do you count among your blessings?

Thanksgiving weekend note - I'd planned to write a shiny new post for 11/27/17, but this crazy busy week got away from me. So I'm carrying the thankful theme until 12/4/17. Have a great week! :)

Blessing to you,
Karen 


P.S. The winner of the 11/13 giveaway of Ann Gabhart's book These Healing Hills is Susan J. Reinhardt. Congratulations, Susan! Thanks to everyone who stopped by to see us. 



Image credit:Pexels

10 comments :

  1. My Lord and my husband are my top two.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Karen! Our thanksgiving was over a month ago, but am always grateful for my family and the relationships we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen....Many blessings to you and yours on Thanksgiving Day and always. I am thankful for life, itself, and, of course, for you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,
    You are blessed indeed! :) Thanks so much, and the same to you.

    Lynn,
    Happy belated Thanksgiving to you! We're so blessed, aren't we? :)

    Susan,
    Thankful for you as well! Hope your day was lovely. :)

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do have so much to be thankful for. All around us we have beauty and things to stop and notice and enjoy. Thanks for all your friendship and kind words over the years being blogging buddies. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had out Thanksgiving on Saturday. Our son had to work on Friday. He was here overnight and left after we had brunch after he went to church with me. I am thankful that he has a good job. I am thankful that he is fairly close by and we can see him more often than when he lived 600 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! Congrats to Susan! We had my daughter, SIL and the four grands here for the week. It was crazy loud and busy, but such a blessing. How lucky I am to have such wonderful family.

    Hope you had a great day too,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess,
    I agree, we are blessed! :) Grateful for your friendship as well.

    Cecelia,
    Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend. So glad you were able to see your son! :)

    Ceil,
    You do have a wonderful family! What a blessing. Memories to treasure, for sure. :)

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right. We need to attend more to what we have to be grateful for and dwell less on what's wrong in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!