Monday, January 22, 2018

Miscellaneous Monday






What have you been up to so far this year? Any new projects on the horizon? Here are a few links that might help in your creative pursuits.

If you've been puzzling over how to create a good brand and platform, check out Jennifer Brown Banks' recent post, Is There a Disconnect in Your Brand Messaging? This award winning blogger has helpful insight for this important topic.

Want to write compelling dialogue? How to Write Dialogue That Captivates Your Reader, by seasoned author Jerry Jenkins, offers six no fail tips that will engage your audience.

Thinking about writing a memoir? Not sure how to begin? C.S. Lakin at Live Write Thrive offers encouragement and pointers in Important Considerations When Writing Your Memoir.

Looking to broaden your skills? Consider enrolling online at the Coffeehouse for Writers. Classes include How to Quit Your Day Job (Making a Living as a Full Time Freelancer), Blogging for Profit or Pleasure, Writer's Basic Boot Camp, Writing for the Chicken Soup series, and more.

If you need a little inspiration to get those cold weather cobwebs out of your head, check out Stimulate Your Mind with These Writing Exercises. They're quick and easy, and might give you the spark you need to light that writing fire.

 
Author Susanne Dietze stops by next week to discuss her latest book. Hope you can join us!

What's on your January reading list? Are you working on any special projects this month?

Happy writing,
Karen 




Photo credit: Pexels

14 comments :

  1. Certainly don't want to quit my day job.
    I'm reading a Stargate: Atlantis book right now. Don't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great links. I'm just plodding through my producer jobs for my boyfriend's play and trying to keep up writing. This is a slower week so hoping to make some progress. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided I'm "bran-less" which I suppose is better than brainless, but not by much. Thanks for the links. I may have to click on that branding one and prove to myself that what I feel is actually the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex,
    Well, for those who might want to quit, I think the class is a good option. :) No judging here about what you're reading! Not even a little bit. lol

    Natalie,
    You're welcome. Hope you make some good progress this week. Juggling many tasks can get tricky! :)

    Lee,
    Well yeah, you're hardly brainless, I think we can all attest to that! Matter of fact, you have many fans, even if you don't have a branding plan down yet. :)

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen - I'm hoping to get things done - but need to settle here first. But great links for us to look at - and always good to see comments etc ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen. :-)

    I hope 2018 is treating you well.

    I have multiple projects on the horizon, but right now, I'm focusing on editing the third book in my series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen. My main difficulty is finding time to all the things that are needed to be done, read, arranged, organized, etc. Have read two books so far this month....The Undertaker's Daughter and The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek. I have a book club to thank for reading books I'd otherwise probably never read. Am working on my dollhouses for fun, writing features for a weekly newspaper, working with teenagers, and taking care of my two-year-old twin baby boy grandsons. Never enough time for all I'd wish to accomplish. ha! Hope you are doing well. The links you shared look good. Thanks so much. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been working on writing narrations for our church's Good Friday Drama presentation. I need to be able to get to the library to do research on my 'obedience project, (I have been 'weathered in'.) I have also been a slug, not wanting to do anything. I also need to re-think my marketing for my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilary,
    Hoping you are settling in to your new place. It's nice to know we're sort of neighbors. :) Though I suspect the distance is about the same from when you lived across the pond. Take care!

    Misha,
    Hope the new year is treating you well too! Sounds like you are already making great progress. All the best to you. :)

    Susan,
    You are one busy lady! I bet you're enjoying time with those grandsons. :) Sounds like you are off to a great start in the new year. Take care of yourself!

    Cecelia,
    I guess Good Friday will be here before we know it, won't it? I suspect this year will fly by, as 2017 did. I've had a few "slug" days lately. But you know, I think they're allowed now and again. :) Wishing you well with the narrations and book marketing.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure needed those last two links Karen. I need some spark for my writing! Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the links. I'm plugging away at my projects from last year. I'm reading Dark Bayou by Nancy K. Duplechain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen,
    Thanks so much for the mention here. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi,
    Thank you! Hope the links were helpful. :)

    Lynn,
    You are welcome! Hope they help energize your writing. :)

    Holly,
    Cheering you on with those projects! Appreciate you stopping by. :)

    Jen,
    You are more than welcome. Your links are very share worthy. :) Thanks so much, appreciate you as well!

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!