Monday, October 16, 2017

Interview & Book Spotlight With Cecelia Lester





It's been my privilege to get acquainted with Cecelia Lester through her blog, Following My King. She is now a published author, and I'm helping her spread the news about her new book. Cecelia was kind enough to stop by and answer a few questions about her journey.



Cecelia, welcome and congratulations! What was the catalyst for writing this book? 

I chose to share what God laid on my heart about the conditions of our world, the situations each of us personally face, and how we could work on them and bring glory to God. 

How long did the process take you - from its early beginnings to publication? 

In January 2015, I started journaling on various topics that I felt I fell short on. That fall I spent time in a rehab center receiving therapy for a broken ankle. I was released from there three days before Christmas. I really didn’t know what I should do about pursuing the craft. I spent time re-reading my journal thoughts. I decided to choose several of them to see if I could use them on my blog or even in something else, maybe a book. So, a total of 2 1/2 years with the interruptions.

What publishing method did you choose? 

I considered searching for an agent, hoping one could eventually pitch my book to a publisher. However, I found the process of writing a book proposal daunting. I did some research on Indie Publishing and a couple of the firms that do Print on Demand printing.

What's one thing you hope readers will take away from your book? 

Originally, I wrote these devotions as a way for me to grow closer to the Lord. I hope that those who read my book will also grow closer to Him. 

Thanks for stopping by, Cecelia! May the Lord continue to bless and keep you.

Thank you, Karen. 


More About Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy

Have you ever wondered if you fully understood what God tells you? Wanted assurance that God listens to your prayers? Felt like you've repeatedly failed God? Thought something was holding you back from serving Him? If you are like most Christians, you answered yes to at least one of these questions. Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy contains 60 devotions meant to address these thoughts and encourage readers through the ups and downs of life. 

My Review 

This devotional offers an uncomplicated look at Biblical principles and scripture in relation to life’s challenges. Cecelia shares a candid glimpse into her thoughts and experiences as she discusses related Bible verses that have offered her strength and comfort. With sixty devotions total, the book is broken down into six categories – Time Management, Strength, Humility, Compassion and Mercy, Faith, and Peace. Each entry includes questions to encourage interaction and additional study, as well as room to make notes and journal one's thoughts. This is a nice feature, as it aids in further reflection on timeless truths. Cecelia wisely directs readers to a faithful and loving God, one who hears and loves us.

About Cecelia

When she's not writing or serving at church, Cecelia enjoys spending time reading and watching old movies, particularly those of the Film Noir genre. Having lived most of her life in beautiful central Indiana, she and her husband love to travel, and enjoy spending time with their adult son.

Where to Find Cecelia & Her Book:



What are you reading this week? Do you have any questions for Cecelia? 

Happy writing, 
Karen







22 comments :

  1. Congrats to Cecelia on her book. That's great that writing in her journal helped so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book. May all be blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cecelia. How nice to read about your book here on Karen's site. Congratulations on getting it done. Takes a lot of perseverance and prayer, doesn't it? I hope it's a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen and Cecelia! It's so fun to see an interview with a fellow blog-friend! I'm so happy for Cecelia, and how she stuck out the publishing process when it was filled with ups and downs.
    I am currently reading "The Examen" that teaches about praying the Examen of St. Ignatius of Loyola. It's wonderful! I hope to grow closer to Christ through practicing this very old way of self examination.
    Have a blessed week!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen and Cecelia ... sounds a very interesting book ... and I like the six categories ... good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for introducing us to Cecelia and her new book, Karen. It's on my growing wish list to purchase.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie,
    Appreciate you stopping in to see us! :) Journal writing is a plus, isn't it?

    Alex,
    I am sure that's what Cecelia's prayer is for the book! Glad you stopped in.

    Susan,
    Perseverance and prayer - that's it, isn't it? And a little talent doesn't hurt either! :)

    Ceil,
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. That sounds interesting - may have to check it out. :)

    Hilary,
    Always appreciate your input! :) Thanks for coming by to wish her well.

    Martha,
    You are welcome. Cecelia's been a faithful blogging friend for many years.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie: Journal writing has helped me deal with emotionally difficult times in my life. Thank you for stopping in and visiting with us.

    Alex: It is always my prayer to be a blessing to those around me. Thanks for dropping by.

    Susan S: There were times I thought I would not get through the process.I have some wonderful friends who prayed for me.

    Ceil: There were days when I thought, "Oh, why am I doing this?" But God guided me through.

    Hilary: Thank you for your thoughts. The six categories I chose were areas of my Christian walk that I felt needed some work.

    Martha: Thank you for your kind thoughts.

    Karen: Thank you for having me here today.

    PEACE AND BLESSINGS FOR YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecelia is a dear friend. I'm very happy for her to have this milestone of her first published book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had Cecelia on your blog Karen, I've been reading her blogs for years, and I read her devotional as well. My question for her: Are you working on something new?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! This is quite an accomplishment.
    Much continued success.
    Thanks Karen, for sharing this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeanette: Thank you for your warm wishes.

    Marja: Thank you for your kind thoughts. In answer to your question, I am waiting on the LORD to guide me to what He wants me to do. In the meantime, I am struggling to write a play for our fledgling drama ministry at church. This is supposed to be for Good Friday. Also, I am directing a drama for November, entitled "Thankfulness."

    Jennifer: Thank you for your kind words. It has been a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Cecelia, for what sounds like a very comforting book. The cover is beautiful, too :-)
    Thanks, Karen, for hosting Cecelia and for introducing us to her book of devotions...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen,
    This is quite a milestone for her, isn't it? Always exciting. :)

    Marja,
    Cecelia is a faithful friend, it's but a small thing to repay her for her kindness over the years. :)

    Jennifer,
    I agree, it is an accomplishment! You are very welcome. :)

    Kenda,
    You are welcome. Cecelia's heart is to share Him with others.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kenda: Thank you for your glowing comments. The scene on the cover of my book is one that I have seen innumerable times. I always find comfort when God shows me that view.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a lovely book that will inspire and bless those who read it. Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa: It was nice to be here. I enjoy Karen's blog and always look forward to her information on writing. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa,
    Happy to introduce you to Cecelia! Appreciate you coming to see us.:)
    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to Cecelia on her book and thank you for hosting her, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Glad you stopped by! You are most welcome. Cecelia's a sweet writer.
      Happy weekend,
      Karen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!