Monday, September 25, 2017

Miscellaneous Monday






Hope this finds you enjoying the first days of autumn! Decided to share a few links in honor of my favorite season. So here goes...

Do you have issues with productivity? Most of us do at some point, right? C.S. Lakin examines reasons why we struggle in this area and offers great insight and solutions in this post, The Life of a Super-Productive Writer.

Marketing and social media can easily overwhelm us. (Or maybe that's just me?) In 6 Key Questions to Ask Before Creating Your Social Media Strategy, the helpful folks at Add This Academy offer questions to help focus on our goals and formulate a customized plan.

Who couldn't use a little writing advice? In The Best Advice for Writers, Gary McLaren offers a great compilation of trends, tips, and links for writers of all kinds - authors, freelancers, bloggers, content  creators, etc. There's a little bit of everything here.

Congratulations to Jennifer Brown Banks of Pen and Prosper! Her blog made The Write Life's 2017 "100 Best Websites for Writers". She's in great company, and those who've visited her blog already knew she was worthy of this honor. Jennifer's topics are relevant and timely; recent posts include Friction with Your Fiction? 5 Ways to Fix It! and 4 Reasons Blog Breaks are Good for the Writer's Soul.

Do you enjoy fall? What's your favorite season? Found any good online resources lately? What's on your to-do list this week?

Happy writing,
Karen 


Photo credit: Pexels

12 comments :

  1. Thanks for the links. I'll have to check out the one about marketing and social media. That aspect of writing is feeling kind of overwhelming right now. I enjoy fall too, but right now we're having hot summer weather, like 90.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great links!
    Fall is my second favorite season. Cooler weather and football. Although I'm not happy with what's happening in football right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors of the fall season. I enjoy the apples that are usually plentiful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great info included in your post. BTW, autumn is my favorite season, too! :)


    Blessings,

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, fall is my favorite season! Thanks for the links you have provided here, Karen. I will definitely check them out.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe blog breaks are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie,
    You're welcome. Yes, it's been unseasonably warm here too. I'm ready for some cool fall weather.:) As for social media stuff, well, I hear you!

    Alex,
    Yeah, the football stuff is crazy now, isn't it? I'm all for having an opinion or conviction but make a difference, don't make a spectacle out of yourself. :)

    Cecelia,
    This time of year is delightful! Planning on getting some apples for applesauce soon.:)

    MaryAnn,
    You are welcome. ;) Good to see you. Gotta love the fall colors, right?

    Lisa,
    You are most welcome! :) Hope you held up well in the hurricane.

    Martha Jane,
    You are welcome. Hope they are helpful to you! :)

    Diane,
    I agree! They can be therapeutic, for sure! :)

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen - thanks for the links ... blogging breaks can help, though I miss it if I'm not blogging! I prefer Spring as I can see long days ahead! But the colours of Autumn are amazing ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Karen.
    I greatly appreciate the mention of Pen and Prosper here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilary,
    You are welcome. Hope the foliage is spectacular in your area! Makes the coming winter seem better, perhaps? :)

    Jennifer,
    You are most welcome! Celebrating your achievement with you! :)

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting links Karen, thank you! Oh I love this cooling down period we call 'Fall'. I actually don't 'fall' but perk right on up after the high temperatures of summer. Liked the perkiness of this blog Karen...light, to the point and helpful. Enjoy the colours around you- I know I will! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!