A phrase came to mind last week. It's simple, and one you've heard before. But it struck me as something that could spark a host of marketable ideas.
You might be a writer if...
These are the answers that came to mind right away:
- you get writing ideas wherever you go.
- you spot typos when reading, well, anything.
- when reading, you critique the author's style or word choices.
- you practice smiling in the mirror for your book cover photo.
While we're on a roll, how about another:
You might be a grandma if you carry fruit snacks in your purse at all times.
True story. There are two packs of gummy fat free deliciousness resting in the bottom of my purse as we speak. You never know when a certain grandson might need fortification.
- You might be an artist if...
- You might be a blogger if...
- You might be a musician if...
- You might be a fiction fan if...
- You might be a firefighter if...
- You might be from the northeast if...
- You might've been born in the 70's if...
Fill in the blanks and take it wherever you like. Or create your own customized version. If nothing else, this idea makes a good writing prompt or brainstorming tool. It has great potential to fuel the writing fire in many directions. What could you do with a handy phrase like this?
Congratulations to Tyrean Martinson! Her book, Champion in Flight was released
on May 31. Champion in Flight is Book 2 in the Champion Trilogy.
For more info visit Tyrean's blog or check it out on Amazon or Smashwords.
Congrats also to Patti, the winner of Becky Povich's book! Thanks to everyone who stopped by for the interview last week.
What might you be if...? Have any ideas to share?
Have a great week!
Photo credit: Stock Exchange