- Short posts
- Not preachy
- Good presentation
- Special features and links
- Faithful posting schedule
- Catchy titles and openings
- Topics that generate dialogue
- Like to hear the writer's voice
- Helping others is your success
- Quality, original, interesting content
- Don't be an advertorial for your books
- Visiting is an enjoyable, productive experience
This list came to mind because I've been considering my blog's direction for the new year. In addition to directional guidance, I think these points can provide a catalyst and inspiration when ideas are lacking. What do you think? Do these points strike a chord with you?
Speaking of direction and inspiration, these writers offer great insight as illustrated in these posts. I'm curious to see if you agree.
- How to Think Outside the Blog "Box" to Increase Your Productivity and Creativity by Jennifer Brown Banks
- How Can We Tell If Our Blog is Good? by Jody Hedlund
How do you define blogging success? What path will your blog take this year?
Photo credit: Stock Exchange