Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Monday!

Yes, Monday is here. Already. Where did the weekend go? I had plans for a clever and insightful post today, but alas, it's not going to happen. Instead, Plan B comes into play. As writers, even when we don't have a Plan B, we're smart enough to come up with one anyway. Or something like that. Work with me here, will you? Like I said, it's Monday. :)

Plan B goes like this; a nifty writing opportunity and more conference listings. So here goes:

Phenomenal Women Writers

Jennifer Brown Banks at Pen and Prosper invites us to celebrate Women's History Month in March by sharing  stories about our gifts, strengths, and struggles. Hurry, deadline is March 1. Find details here.

Conferences

Click here for Shaw Guides' Writing Conference listings.

The Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference, Eldridge, IA, April 8-9, 2011 www.qccwc.com

Florida Christian Writers Conference, Leesburg, FL, March 3-6, 2011  www.flwriters.org

American Christian Writers Mentoring Retreat, Nashville, TN, April 8-9, 2011 http://www.acwriters.com/

OC Christian Writers Conference, Fullerton, CA, April 29-30, 2011 www.occwf.org/conference.html

Colorado Christian Writers Conference, Estes Park, Colorado, May 11-14, 2011 www.writehisanswer.com/Colorado

Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, Ridgecrest, NC, May 9-13, 2011 www.lifeway.com/christianwriters

Northwest Christian Writers Renewal, Seattle, WA, May 20-21, 2011 www.nwchristianwriters.org

Antelope Valley Christian Writers’ Conference, Lancaster, CA, May 20-21, 2011
http://www.avwriters.com/

CLASS Christian Writers Conference, Ghost Ranch, Albuquerque, NM, November 2-6, 2011
www.classeminars.org/Events/Writers-Conference/

New York City Pitch Shop, New York City, Mar. 17-20, 2011  nycpitchconference.com/

Write & Pitch Conference, San Francisco, CA, May 6-8, 2011 writeandpitchconference.com/

Pennwriters 24th Annual Writers Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, May 13-15, 2011. Click here for details.

One of my sisters is coming for a visit this week. Will be taking a break until March 3, at which time I'll be kicking off my Second Blogoversary with giveaways, interviews and other surprises. Hope you can join me!

What's the best Plan B you've ever come up with?

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Karen

20 comments :

  1. Missouri Writer's Guild is having their conference April 8-10. I will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very favorite is Mount Hermon in April- found my agent there- began my career. Always thankful to that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this list Karen. I shall be making it a goal to attend a conference, the reward for finishing and submitting at least 6 pieces (hopefully within the next 2 years). Sharing others insights, instead of my own is my usual Plan B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the sister time and break!!
    MY plan B was my post today too! LOL Brain just wasn't into it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    Hope you have a great time!

    Jennie,
    I've heard good things about that one. Sounds like a winner for you!

    Lynn,
    You are welcome. What a good goal, hope you get to go!

    Terri,
    Thanks. Your Plan B was a good one, I read it!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun, Karen. You really need the time off!

    Plan Bs? I have to crank 'em out so often I've lost track of which was my best one.

    Sighing. And laughing, and sighing again...

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say you did a pretty good job of making a great Monday post! Very helpful and full of great links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen -

    You whipped up a good Plan B, my friend. :)

    Thanks for the links.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list for a plan B, for sure! My plan B's are often contests, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homeschooling my children was a plan B. At least, it started out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsey,
    Thank you. :) Figured I may as well keep us all busy!

    Susan,
    Thanks. It was either that or brownies. Figured this was less calories.

    Lydia,
    Thanks! Contests are a great Plan B!

    Cassandra,
    We have many a Plan B in our lives, don't we? :)

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you believe it I had no Plan B. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful list of links, Karen! Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look over these writing conventions and think; should I? could I? do I want to? Someday the answer will be; yes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the info on the ocnferences.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're enjoying a nice visit with your sister. Congratulations on your blogoversary!

    Barb
    www.barbarafrankonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen,
    Have a great time with your sister. May it be totally refreshing!
    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your time with your sister!
    Happy blogoversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have a plan B. Rarely if ever do. "Blessed are the Flexible" is my motto and as long as I'm flexible I can make necessary adjustments and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rachna,
    Well you always manage to have something interesting on your blog, Plan B or not!

    Shannon,
    Thank you, and you're welcome. ;)

    Sally,
    Oh, I think the answer should definitely be yes! You'll be glad you did.

    Warren,
    You are welcome. Maybe you can attend one!

    Barbara,
    It's good to see her. It's been a while. Thanks! :)

    Susan,
    Thank you. A little refreshment will be nice.

    Jennifer,
    Thanks so much! :)

    Stephen,
    Good motto! That's something I need to remember, thanks!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!