Monday, January 10, 2011

Awards & More Upcoming Goodies

Awards


This dandy award came from Jennifer Brown Banks of Pen and Prosper. The Ten Bloggers That Make Me Happy Award made me happy too, for it is an honor and blessing. Thanks, Jennifer!

Now I have the fun task of passing it along. This is a tough one, for you all are such supportive friends...

Rhonda Schrock of The Natives are Getting Restless
Rhonda never fails to make me laugh, smile, think, or all of the above. Her blog reflects the amazing woman that she is - real, strong, and a very supportive friend.

Jeanette Levellie of Audience of One
Jeanette always offers wisdom and insight with a generous helping of wit. She's another true and bona fide friend that I am blessed to know.

Becky Lange of Inside Out
What can I say? Becky is my daughter. Of course her blog makes me happy! I am blessed to be the Mom of such a jewel.
 
Raymonde Newman  of Everyday I Walk With You 
One of my very first followers, Raymonde is a pal from across the pond. Her blog features her photos (which are very good, btw). Someday we will meet and have that cup of tea!

Tyrean Martinson of Tyrean's Writing Spot
Tyrean's series on blessings always reminds me to count mine. She's a treasure who always has an encouraging word.

Janna Qualman of Something She Wrote
Janna's blog offers savvy insight to the writing life and more. Supportive and kind, she's another blog friend I've been blessed to meet.

Terri Tiffany of Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer
Terri shares her writing journey and a whole lot more. She really does inspire with insight and musings and honesty. I like that.

Maria Morgan of Life Lessons
Maria is another early follower who's cheered me on and then some. Her spiritual parallels to the writing and other parts of our lives is a big encouragement.

Heather Sunseri of Balance with Purpose
One of the few blogger friends I've met in person, Heather's blog is another gem. Her blog title, Balance with Purpose is something I think we should all aim for.

Sandra's writing and spiritual insights reach out and grab you and give you something to relate to. Good stuff. I hear she's fond of gardening, except for the weeding part.

Congratulations all, your blogs really do make me smile!


I also had the privilege of receiving the Meat and Potatoes Award from Stephen Tremp of Breakthrough Blogs. What a nice surprise!


As Stephen says, "The Meat and Potatoes Award may not be the most glamorous award, but it’s beefy and it will stick to your ribs (I apologize if any of you are vegetarians)." He awards it "due to the beefy content of your blog". I'm honored. Thanks, Stephen!

I'm passing this award on to:

Susan J. Reinhardt of Christian Writer/Reader Connection 
Susan is a true mentor and friend. My blog would not be where it is today without her. She knows her stuff and is ever willing to share and offer support. 

Jennifer Brown Banks of Pen and Prosper
I'd read Jennifer's articles online for some time. Two words - good stuff. In 2010 I was blessed to actually "meet her online". Now I get to work with her too. How cool is that?

Congratulations Susan and Jennifer, your blogs truly are of the "beefy" variety. Great tips, resources, and food for thought can always be found when visiting your corner of the blog world.

More Goodies

One treat for 2011 that I forgot to mention is a fabulous interview with author Patti Lacy. Her latest book, Rhythm of Secrets hits the shelves this month.

March brings the second blogoversary of Write Now, and with it, a giveaway or two to celebrate. Stay tuned!

What's on your writing agenda for 2011? Care to share any award worthy blogs?

Happy writing,
Karen

29 comments :

  1. Oh thank you Karen!

    I really like dandelions as well.

    I keep thinking about seeing you in Kentucky! Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Karen, and to all the recipients! Praise is a lovely way to start the work week:)

    I love Patti! Can't wait to catch her interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your enthusiasm and spirit ride on your words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so many names on there I know well and I adore those folks! Great selections!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raymonde,
    You deserve it dear friend! A visit someday...:O) So glad we've met!

    Tamika,
    Patti's a sweetheart, isn't she? Looking forward to that one. Good to see you! :)

    Linda,
    That's so kind of you to say. Thanks so much.

    Wendy,
    Thank you. It was hard to choose!

    Blessings all,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely words from a lovely lady--thank you! And being a "meat and potatoes" kinda' gal, I truly treasure this award.

    And I agree with Tamika; it's a great way to start the week!

    Continued blessings to you as you bless others.

    Warmly,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on these much-deserved awards, my dear. You work hard and care deeply, and it shows.

    Wow, Karen, I am so honored you chose my blog for this lovely award. Thank you, sweet sister--you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the awards and those receiving them. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen! What a true surprise! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    Congratulations to you for sure, and to the other winners as well. Now that you've shared these other blogs with us, I'm expecting to go meet some friends.

    Would fax a mocha if I could and would certainly have pitched you one from the interstate if I could have but - I guess you'll just have to come to Irish country to cash that one in (Go Notre Dame!).

    Waving and - that thing I always do,

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen,
    Glad to help you start your week off nicely! Your blog is award worthy, that's for sure. Congrats!

    Kathi,
    Thank you. You are most welcome to the links. Hope you enjoy!

    Jeanette,
    Thank you dear friend. Glad to make your day, that's always fun! Yours is well deserved. :) Praying for you and your family.

    Jules,
    Thanks so much. :) This a fun aspect of blogging, isn't it?

    Rhonda,
    Waving and smiling...I can always count on you! :) Next time you pass through we'll do a hand off of cookies on the interstate. The award is well deserved my friend. :)

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to everyone. The spirit of awards is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If those awards were all gold medals, you'd surely be retired! Awesome list to a worthy recipient! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to send queries before Feb 1. That's my immediate goal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Thanks so much for the award, Karen. Have a blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks SO much! And a hearty congratulations to all those receiving an award today! Your blog is very informative, Karen. And I appreciate your input over @ Life Lessons! Have a wonderfully blessed day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Karen and congrats to the awardees.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, you know so many wonderful bloggers!

    Thanks for extending the award to me. How kind! And so appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kimberly,
    Thanks! Good to see you. :)

    Joylene,
    I have to agree with you on that!

    Alex,
    Thank you! Lots of awards floating around these days.

    Diane,
    Hmm, retirement. Sounds tempting! Thanks, sweet friend! :)

    Kristen,
    What a great goal! Cheering you on! :)

    Tyrean,
    You remind me to be thankful, and I am thankful for that. Congrats! :)

    Maria,
    You are very welcome! Thanks too, for your sweet words. :)

    Rachna,
    Thanks so much! Have a good week.

    Janna,
    You are so welcome! It's well deserved, my blogging friend:)

    Blessings all,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much, Karen! This was the perfect pick-me-up today. And that blog award is the happiest award EVER. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karen -

    Thank you for the award, but most of all for your kind words. I didn't do very much, just a push or two in the right direction. You're a natural. :)

    Congrats to all the award recipients!

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heather,
    You are welcome. Glad to provide a pick me up! Your blog is a great stop. :)

    Susan,
    You are most welcome. You deserve it.:) Thanks for your kind words.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think there is only two blogs on your award list that I don't currently read. You have surrounded yourself with inspiration and talent, Karen. I'd say because you also are inspirational and talented. Congrats to all the award winners.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for thinking of me!! I appreciate you so much and love that you are my blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lynn,
    Thank you for your kind words. We have a great gang, don't we? :)

    Terri,
    You are very welcome! Right back at you, friend!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're amzing, Karen. I don't know of a blogger that is better about getting around to visit so many sites, and leaving so many comments. And here you are blessing an equal number.

    Blessings to YOU!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kathleen,
    Thanks so much. :) You're so sweet!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!