Thank you for joining us for Part Two of Sarah Sundin's interview! If you missed Part One, click here to read it. Don't forget, Sarah has agreed to provide a copy of A Distant Melody for a giveaway. Details follow the interview.
Karen: Can you give us a sneak peek at A Memory Between Us, which is due out in September 2010?
Sarah: A Memory Between Us is the second book in the Wings of Glory series, which follows the three Novak brothers, B-17 bomber pilots with the US Eighth Air Force stationed in England during World War II. Major Jack Novak has never failed to meet a challenge--until he meets army nurse Lieutenant Ruth Doherty. When Jack lands in the army hospital after a plane crash, he makes winning Ruth's heart a top priority mission. But he has his work cut out for him. Not only is Ruth focused on her work in order to support her orphaned siblings back home, she carries a shameful secret that keeps her from giving her heart to any man. Can Jack break down her defenses? Or are they destined to go their separate ways?
Karen: What writing advice have you found most helpful in recent years?
1) Join ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers)! Their e-zine, e-mail loop, and monthly courses are outstanding—like a mini-writers’ conference in your inbox every day.
2) Join a local writers’ group if available or an on-line critique group. Not only will your writing improve, but you’ll meet other writers. We’re an odd lot really. We work in solitude. We talk to our characters. We have strange interests (how many women do you know who get excited about B-17 manuals?). We need each other.
3) Don’t submit to agents and editors until you’re ready. That means a complete manuscript, positive feedback from experienced writers, and enough knowledge of the publishing industry to know how to submit properly. You want your first impression to be stellar.
Karen: Thank you, Sarah, for sharing this great info and your thoughts with us. I can't wait to read A Memory Between Us.
To Contact Sarah
Sarah's website offers facts, links, and great information for readers and writers. Her blog posts include interesting facts about World War Two history and Sarah's insightful musings and wisdom. Stop by and say hello; she'll be happy to see you!
Here are the Giveaway Details:) Deadline is Friday, July 9, 2010 at noon.
- Leave a comment to this post, include your email address like so: karenelange(at)gmail(dot)com. Entries without email address in comment box are not eligible.
- Receive an extra entry by becoming a follower, or by reminding me that you already follow.
- Receive a bonus entry by posting about this giveaway on your Facebook page. Please leave a comment telling me so.
- Receive a bonus entry by posting about this giveaway on your blog. Please leave a comment with the link.
- This is only open to US residents. For those of you who follow outside the US, I apologize:(
- Deadline to enter is noon eastern standard time, Friday July 9, 2010. Winner will be announced here, and notified via email, and have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Happy reading and writing!