The Writer's Digest Annual Writing Contest offers a grand prize of $3000 and a 'meet the editor or agent' trip to New York City. Categories include memoirs/personal essays, magazine articles, poetry, plays, scripts, short stories, inspirational and more. Entry fee is required; submission deadline is May 14.
Also, check out K. Dawn Byrd's listings for writing contests for 2010. She's got quite a listing; perhaps a few will appeal to you.
I've Been Tagged!
Laurel from Laurel's Leaves tagged me with a like/love/hate meme. In case you aren't familiar with it, someone tags you and you share a list of things that you like/love/hate on your blog. Then you share it with other blogger friends.
Thank you,Laurel! It was sweet of you to think of me. Forgive me for not posting it sooner.
Let the fun begin:
- I like the satisfaction of completing a writing project.
- I like learning new things about writing.
- I like chocolate chip cookies.
- I love to write.
- I love to hear a good sermon.
- I love to breathe clean, crisp fall air.
- I hate injustice.
- I hate saying final earthly goodbyes to loved ones.
- I hate feeling pressure to be something I am not.
- I love my blogging friends.
Raymonde of Everyday I Walk With You
Jill at Jill Kemerer
Becky at Inside Out
Dorothy at Ink Dots
Emily at Benedictions
Have a wonderful week. Happy writing! :)